- Rolls Royce Barker Tourer: This car is presently owned by Arvind Singh Mewar. This car has belonged to the royal family of Udaipur from past 7 generations and has been parked with the family since the early 1930s. This car was designed by Henry Royce and had a 3.1-litre engine with 20 HP of power.
Rolls Royce Barer Tourer
- Rolls Royce Silver Wraith: This car was gifted by Queen Elizabeth to her last viceroy in India, Louis Mountbatten. Upon completion of his term in India, he passed on this car to the Indian government and it served as the state car for many years. Dignitaries like Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru and Lal Bahadur Shastri used to travel in this car for the following years.
Rolls Royce Silver Wraith
- Packard 120: Ghanshyamdas Birla was a good friend of Mahatma Gandhi. Gandhi, prefered a non-materialistic lifestyle, therefore, didn’t own any luxuries. Still, he was seen travelling in his friends’ cars who willingly offered him rides like this one in the picture below.
- Auto Union W24 Wanderer: This car was the escape car used by Subhash Chandra Bose. The Wanderer was unveiled by former president Pranab Mukherjee in 2017 upon its restoration. This car, with a top speed of 108 kmph was then nicknamed as the ‘Great Escape Car’.
Auto Union W24 Wanderer
- Other significant cars include the famous Willy’s Jeep, A series I Land Rover, Range Rover P2 Saloon, Cadillac Convertible (owned by President Rajendra Prasad).As time passed, affordability increased among the Indian buyers and people started buying cars which were imported as well as made in India. Mahindra started producing Jeep after obtaining the license form Willy’s USA. Many automakers started making cars for the Indian customers and settled in the Indian market post-independence.Famous car brands included Hindustan Motors, Premier Automobiles Limited and Ashok Motors. The first car ever built in India was the Hindustan 10 by Hindustan Motors. It is considered as one of the rare Indian cars available
From the age of early automotive, India has emerged as a great place to be for the automotive manufacturers and today in 2019, we can see that we have got a long list of manufacturers from all over the world that have already marked their presence in the Indian market and the count is still on!
Cars of all ages need to be taken care of and with the growing need for car servicing at a super affordable price, GoMechanic came as a breakthrough in the car servicing industry. Car servicing is the most crucial part to let your car be at its best forever so make sure you opt for the best!