In a piece of previous news, GoMechanic reported Maruti Suzuki scoring 10,000 bookings for the S-Presso in just 11 days. Well, Maruti has done it again by selling 10,000 units of the S-Presso just a month after its launch. The S-Presso outsold the Renault Kwid and the Tata Tiago.
- The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso held the 8th position for the best-selling passenger vehicle in the month of October 2019.
- The October sales chart for Indian cars is out with Maruti Suzuki dominating 8 positions out of 10.
- Maruti sold a total of 10,634 units of the “Mini-SUV”. The S-Presso debuted in India on 30th September 2019.
- Built on Maruti’s in-house 5th generation HEARTECT platform, the S-Presso is the 8th model in the Maruti’s portfolio of BS6 compliant cars.
- The S-Presso utilises a 1.0-litre BS6-compliant petrol engine which makes 67bhp of power and 90nm of peak torque and claims to deliver a fuel mileage of over 21.7 km/l (ARAI Tested).
- The S-Presso is available in 2 transmission variants; a 5-speed manual and an AMT (Automatic Manual Transmission) claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of over 21.4 km/l (STD version).
- The SPresso gets an all-black interior with body-coloured dashboard inserts. The big round watch-inspired centre console houses the digital instrument cluster with Maruti’s SmartPlay™ Studio touchscreen infotainment system.
- The SPresso is offered in two packages; Energetic and Expedition. A customer can choose from various accessories like LED daytime running lights, chrome front grille garnishes, roof rails, side cladding etc.
- The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso ranges from ₹3.69 lakh up to ₹4.94 lakh.
- In the Indian sub-compact economy hatchback segment, the new SPresso is pitched against the like of the 2019 Renault Kwid facelift, Tata Tiago, Datsun Redi-Go and Maruti’s very own; The Maruti Suzuki Alto K10.
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Variants
The S-Presso is available in 4 different variants.
- Maruti SPresso Standard
- Maruti SPresso LXi
- Maruti SPresso VXi
- Maruti SPresso VXi+
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Colours
The S-Presso is available in 6 different colour options:
- Solid Fire Red
- Pearl Starry Blue
- Solid Sizzle Orange
- Metallic Granite Grey
- Metallic Silky Silver
- Superior White
Comparison: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault Kwid