Ford’s popular subcompact SUV; the Ecosport is finally getting an upgrade. In some recent spy shots by Rushlane, Ford has been caught testing the new Ford Ecosport with, what it looks like, in a BS6 avatar. The road test was being conducted by ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) in Pune. The BS6 emission norm is all set to kick in on 1st April 2020.
The Ford Ecosport was introduced in India back in 2013 and is one of the oldest cars in the subcompact SUV segment.
2020 Ford Ecosport BS6 | Highlights
- Ford, in an official statement earlier, had confirmed the arrival of a BS6 compliant Ford Ecosport.
- Ford also confirmed that it won’t discontinue their diesel in the BS6 era and would offer a BS6 diesel alternative.
- The current generation Ecosport comes with 3 BS4 compliant engines; 1.5-litre petrol with a 5-speed manual and 6-speed automatic (optional), a 1.5-litre diesel with a 5-speed manual only transmission and a 1.0 turbocharged petrol with a 6-speed only manual.
- It is highly speculated that the 1.0-litre Ecoboost petrol engine will be the candidate to receive BS6 compliance upgrades. The 1.0-litre Ecoboost is imported and not manufactured in India.
- Ford is operating in a joint venture with Mahindra and might also make use of Mahindra 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine that powers the Mahindra XUV300.
- The Ford Ecosport compete with rivals like Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Venue.
Exclusive! New Honda City BS6 Launch Soon0