The Korean automobile giant, Hyundai unveiled the second-gen Creta at the Auto Expo 2020. The all-new Creta is pretty different from its previous version in terms of design as well as the features. Let’s have a look at the comparison.
Old Vs New Creta | What has changed in the Powertrain
Petrol Engine Options:
|Old Creta||1.6-litre||121.3hp||151Nm||6-speed MT/AT||BS4|
|New Creta||1.4-litre turbocharged||138.08hp||242Nm||6-speed MT/7-speed DCT||BS6|
|1.5-litre||113.4hp||144Nm||6-speed MT/ CVT||BS6|
- The previous version of Creta was available with a single BS4 compliant engine option whereas the new version gets two BS6 compliant options.
- The turbocharged engine gets a Dual Clutch Transmission option also.
Diesel Engine Option:
|Old Creta||1.4-litre||88.7hp||220Nm||6-speed MT||BS4|
|1.6-litre||126.2hp||260Nm||6-speed MT/6-speed AT||BS4|
|New Creta||1.5-litre||113.4hp||250Nm||6-speed MT/6-speed AT||BS6|
- The diesel option in new Creta has been restricted to a 1.5-litre BS6-compliant engine only.
- The engine is mated to a 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT.
Old Vs New Creta | What is with the design?
- The old Creta had conventional top-mounted headlamps with DRLs on the bumper. The new Creta, on the other hand, has got three-part DRLs and bumper-mounted LED projector headlamps.
- The new Creta has got a sleeker yet muscular design at the side profiles too.
- The 2020 Creta also gets a revamped 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels.
- At the rear, the most distinguishable feature is the brake light just above the Creta badging which was earlier at the top-centre of the rear.
- It also gets 3-point lighting at the back keeps the rear and the front alike.
Old Vs New Creta | Anything different at the Interiors?
- The prominently visible flat-bottom steering wheel in the New Creta and a larger touchscreen infotainment system adds to the luxurious look of the SUV.
- The touchscreen seems to be a 10-inch screen as to the 7-inch in the previous version.
- 2020 Hyundai Creta also gets an electronic parking brake and a panoramic sunroof.
Old Vs New Creta | Will it cost more?
The bookings have been open for the new Creta. Although there is no official price revealed yet, it is expected to cost between ₹10lakh to ₹17lakh. It will lock horns with the Kia Sletos, Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier and MG Hector.