Hyundai is planning to launch the new Hyundai i20 Active in mid-2020. The i20 is Hyundai’s premium cross-hatchback in India. Hyundai has recently launched 3 new cars back-to-back starting with the all-new Hyundai Venue, the Hyundai i10 Nios and the Hyundai Elantra.
Read This: Hyundai Has Sold Over 42,000 Venue in India
2020 Hyundai i20 Active | Highlights
- Hyundai’s i20 has long been the forerunner in the cross-hatchback segment in India.
- The 2020 i20 Active has been recently spied under wraps on Indian roads.
- Hyundai is going to debut the 2020 Hyundai i20 Active in the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo Delhi.
- Hyundai plans to steal the show from Honda who will be unveiling the 2020 all-new Honda Jazz.
- The 2020 i20 Active will share many features with the Hyundai Venue and the Kia Seltos.
- The new Hyundai i20 Active will reportedly come with a 1.0-litre turbocharged GDI BS6 compliant engine from the Venue.
- For the diesel, the 2020 i20 could use the 1.5-litre diesel unit from the Kia Seltos.
- There are also speculations that the i20 Active can get the 1.2-litre petrol unit from the Grand i10 Nios.
- Hyundai has announced that it will discontinue the 1.4-litre CRDI unit after April 2020.
- On the exterior, the 2020 i20 Active will get all-LED headlamps and taillamps, flared wheel arches, faux skid plate on the rear bumper and cosmetic roof rails.
- Standard features like keyless entry with push-button start, automatic climate control, wireless charging, touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can be expected in 2020 i20 Active.
- Moreover the new 2020 i20 Active could get Hyundai’s BlueLink™ connected technology that debuted with the Hyundai Venue.
- The 2020 i20 Active will be competitively priced in the range of ₹7.74 lakh to ₹9.93 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
- The New i20 Active will be competing against the likes of the Toyota Etios Cross, Honda Jazz, Toyota Glanza, Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Honda WR-V.
Read More: New 2020 Hyundai Creta Revealed0