So, it seems that Hyundai has finally decided to launch the all-new 2020 Hyundai i20 or has it? According to leading media reports, Hyundai is all set to launch the Next-gen i20 on November 5th 2020.
According to our dealer sources, the official bookings for the i20 is set to begin from 28th October 2020. You can book the car by paying a sum of ₹21,000.
What engine options will we get with the new Hyundai i20?
- Under the hood, the all-new i20 will offer two petrol and one diesel engine option.
- The petrol mills include a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol for standard variants and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine for the top-spec variants.
- There will also be a 1.5-litre diesel motor capable of generating upto 100hp.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual gearbox, a 7-speed DCT and Hyundai’s iVT CVT automatic gearbox.
- Rumours also suggest that Hyundai will also offer the iMT transmission with the mid-spec variants.
- Hyundai’s new premium hatchback will be available in 4 trims- in four trim-levels –Magna, Sportz, Asta and Asta (O).
What else will the all-new 2020 Hyundai i20 have on offer (feature-wise)?
- The new-gen Hyundai i20 gets a sharper, edgier, sportier and an angular design. If, compared to the older generation.
- The new i20 makes good use of the brands Sensuous Sportiness’ design language and features a brand new cascading, a new LED headlamp and taillamp setup with Z-shaped LED insert.
- On the inside, we will get to see a massive 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a digital instrument cluster, ambient lighting, front ventilated seats and a wireless phone charger and a sunroof.
What about its price and rivals?
- Scaling amongst the elite the Next-gen Hyundai i20 will go against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Honda Jazz and the Tata Altroz.
- Coming to the prices, we can expect it to range between ₹ 6.5-10 lakh (ex-showroom).
Revisit the legacy of the Hyundai i20. And don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the GoMechanic YouTube channel.