The nationwide lockdown due to the on-going Coronavirus pandemic has left many major automobile manufacturers re-scheduling their present timeline for their upcoming models. However, amidst all this commotion Korean carmaker, Hyundai had decided to launch the all-new 2020 Hyundai i20 on the previously decided timeline as before which was around Diwali.
Speaking to a leading media house Tarun Garg, Director – Sales, Marketing and Service, Hyundai India said: “There is no change in the launch schedule for the [new] i20.” Due to the current market scenario and talks of extending the lockdown, Hyundai is targeting a festive season launch, for now, a period of strong demand”
2020 Hyundai i20 | Engine Specification
|1.0L Turbocharged Petrol||118 bhp||7-speed DCT|
|1.5L Turbocharged Diesel||99 bhp||6MT/AT|
|1.2L Naturally-Aspirated Petrol||82 bhp||6MT/AT|
Features On the Inside
- On the Inside, we will get to see a four-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel that looks very similar to the recently launched Hyundai Creta. The car also gets steering-mounted audio and cruise control. Moving further, we see that the new i20 is equipped with a fully digital instrument cluster with a 10.25-inch display. The display looks like it changes colour according to the drive modes.
- The new i20 will get 3 driving modes; Normal, Eco and Sport. The digital dashboard will light up Blue in Normal mode, Green in Eco (Economy) mode and Orange in the Sport mode. In the middle, the i20 gets an integrated 10.25-inch infotainment touchscreen compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The new i20 also gets a bonkers Bose music system and the iconic Hyundai BlueLink connect.
- Keeping aside the connectivity features on this Hyundai crosshatch. It also boasts some top of the line-premium features such as a wireless charging pad, multiple USB ports, a 12V charging socket, front-seat ventilation, various drive modes, LED ambient lighting for the door bins and footwell.
Features on the Outside
- On the outside, the new Hyundai i20 2020 features blacked-out cascading grille, sharp-looking headlamps with LED DRLs surrounding the housing. The bumper has also been redesigned to look more aggressive.
- This will surely bring in young buyers and as see in these spied images the new i20 will also ditch its century-old ‘elite’ branding which might get you thinking that Hyundai might give a new name to this.
2020 Hyundai i20 | Safety Features
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Brake assist
- Rear parking sensors
- Speed alert
- Seat belt reminders
- Navigation based cruise control
- Blind-spot Collision-avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Rear Cross-traffic Collision Assist (RCCA)
- Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist – Reverse (PCA-R)
- Parking Assist (PA)
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LDVA)
2020 Hyundai i20 | Price & Rivals
- Well, with its launch, the new 2020 Hyundai i20 will rival the likes of the Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Tata Altroz and the Tata Tiago.
- On that note, we can also expect the new i20 to be competitively priced in the range of ₹7.74 lakh to ₹9.93 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Image Source-  Palisade Owners Club Korea