Hyundai is having a busy time, as it set to launch updated cars for the Indian market. The changing norms and trends contribute to this launch. The cars to join the updated group are, i20, Creta, and Tuscon. i20 to come to the Indian market with a lot to offer.
After the launch of Hyundai Creta this month, it is planning to launch its premium hatch i20. The company is going to launch i20 sometime in mid this year. Many trims will be offered in the premium hatch and are going to be a tad more expensive than the ongoing model. In typical Hyundai’s gesture, it will be packed to the brim with features. Some features being first in the segment.
It is highly likely that Hyundai i20 will get the same engine options as Hyundai’s Venue which will be launched somewhere this year.
There are two engine options with multiple transmission options that will be offered in the i20.
- The same 1.5-Litre diesel engine as Kia’s Seltos is likely to power the next-gen i20.
- As confirmed the new 1.5-Litre engine will be producing 100ps of power which is down as compared to another sibling. Although it is 10ps more than the ongoing 1.4-Lire Diesel engine.
- The torque figures also might be less than Kia’s 250Nm.
- As of now, transmission options are not disclosed but it is highly like that it’ll be getting a 6-speed manual.
- Currently, BS4 i20 comes with a 1.2-Litre petrol engine producing 83ps of power and 114Nm torque.
- It is likely to get the same engine but with the tweaks to run as a BS6 compliant vehicle.
- 1.0-Litre turbo petrol debut in Hyundai’s Venue may be an option for the i20.
- A 6-speed manual and an automatic transmission will be an option.
Hyundai’s strategy of pricing cars aggressively is prominent. As per the trend, the new i20 will just get the costs of BS6 which is a bit more than the ongoing model.
Current generation i20’s price is between ₹ 5.59 lakh and ₹ 9.41 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
New-generation i20 is likely to rival the likes of the same cars like Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo and the new boy in town Tata Altroz.