The on-going nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic has left many carmakers to either cancel their present and future launches or to postpone them until further notice. While some brave souls have decided to stay on track with the designated launch dates with one such carmaker being Hyundai who has already confirmed that they will be launching the all-new 2020 Hyundai i20 on its previously decided launch date which is upcoming festive season.
With that said a new image of the 2020 Hyundai i20 has surfaced the internet which reveals the sporty rear-end of the next-gen hatchback. However, we have no information about where the image was shot. Looking at the spy shot we can clearly make out that the new 2020 i20 will surely feature connected LED tail lamps with Z-shaped LED inserts, dual-tone bumper and a new tailgate-mounted spoiler.
2020 Hyundai i20 | Engine Specification
|1.0L Turbocharged Petrol||118 bhp||7-speed DCT|
|1.5L Turbocharged Diesel||99 bhp||6MT/AT|
|1.2L Naturally-Aspirated Petrol||82 bhp||6MT/AT|
Features On the Inside
- On the Inside, we will get to see a leather-wrapped steering wheel that looks very similar to the recently launched Hyundai Creta. The car also gets steering-mounted audio and cruise control. Moving further, we see that the new i20 is equipped with a fully digital instrument cluster with a 10.25-inch display. The display looks like it changes colour according to the drive modes which also hints the presence of an ambience lighting system.
- The new i20 will get 3 driving modes; Normal, Eco and Sport. The digital dashboard will light up Blue in Normal mode, Green in Eco (Economy) mode and Orange in the Sport mode. In the middle, the i20 gets an integrated 10.25-inch infotainment touchscreen compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The new i20 also gets a bonkers Bose music system and the iconic Hyundai BlueLink connect.
- Keeping aside the connectivity features on this Hyundai crosshatch. It also boasts some top of the line-premium features such as a wireless charging pad, multiple USB ports, a 12V charging socket, front-seat ventilation, multifunctional steering wheel, electric adjustable front seats and many more.
Features on the Outside
- On the outside, the new Hyundai i20 2020 features blacked-out cascading grille, sharp-looking headlamps with LED DRLs surrounding the housing. The bumper has also been redesigned to look more aggressive.
- This will surely bring in young buyers and as see in these spied images the new i20 will also ditch its century-old ‘elite’ branding which might get you thinking that Hyundai might give a new name to this.
- However, the most eye-catching features are its connected LED tail lamps with Z-shaped LED inserts, dual-tone bumper and a new tailgate-mounted spoiler which gives the new i20 the macho look it always lacked. But the most surprising change in the new i20 is that this time it will be ditching its generation-old ‘Elite’ tag which clearly indicates that the new 2020 i20 will be different compared to its previous generations.
2020 Hyundai i20 | Safety Features
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Brake assist
- Rear parking sensors
- Speed alert
- Seat belt reminders
- Navigation based cruise control
- Blind-spot Collision-avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Rear Cross-traffic Collision Assist (RCCA)
- Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist – Reverse (PCA-R)
- Parking Assist (PA)
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LDVA)
2020 Hyundai i20 | Price & Rivals
- Well, with its launch, the new 2020 Hyundai i20 will rival the likes of the Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Tata Altroz and the Tata Tiago.
- On that note, we can also expect the new i20 to be priced between ₹7.74 lakh to ₹9.93 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).