The 2020 Hyundai Verna marked its arrival at the 2019 Chengdu Motor Show and is all set for the Chinese market on 30th October 2019. However, ahead of its official launch, a few spy shots of its interiors have been released. Hyundai had launched the current version of the Verna back in 2017, hence an update or a facelift was long overdue.
2020 Hyundai Verna Facelift | Highlights
- The 2020 Hyundai Verna Facelift will go on sale in China first and will be launched in India at some time later on August 2020.
- The 2020 Hyundai Verna Facelift carries the same design language as the recently launched 2020 Hyundai Elantra and the upcoming 2020 Hyundai Creta.
- The 2020 Verna will also be featuring Hyundai BlueLink™ connected car technology that debuted in the Venue launched earlier this year.
- The Chinese specification new Verna gets the 1.4-litre 4 cylinder petrol engine.
- However, the Indian Hyundai Verna will be offered with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines that are currently doing its duty on the KIA Seltos.
- A 1.4 Turbocharged GDI engine and a 48W mild-hybrid system could also be offered. All these engine options will be BS6 compliant.
- On the exterior, the 2020 Verna gets a cascading grille with sleek headlamps and a sharp-edged bumper. The Verna also gets new precision-cut alloy wheels. At the back, the car gets wraparound LED taillights that are connected to each other and a sporty bumper.
- Interior-wise, the 2020 Verna comes equipped with a new 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system and an all-digital instrument cluster, which will also be featured in the 2020 Hyundai Creta and 2020 Hyundai Elite i20. The Verna will also get wireless phone charging and the Hyundai BlueLink™ connected car features.
- The New Hyundai Verna Facelift will compete with the Honda City, Toyota Yaris, Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.