One of the most awaited cars is here. Hyundai just launched its C-segment sedan “Verna” in the Indian Market. The car gets a ton of new features and a bunch of engine and transmission options. Let us see what the new 2020 Hyundai Verna has to offer.
Power and Transmission | 2020 Hyundai Verna
Hyundai has been generous all over the years in offering multiple engines and transmission options. This time around Hyundai offers a couple of petrol engines and a diesel engine.
- A 1.5-liter, four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine which produces 113bhp@6,300rpm of power and 144Nm@4,500rpm of torque. There are two engine options to choose from, 6-Speed manual transmission and an IVT automatic transmission.
- An exciting 1.0-liter, turbocharged petrol engine which is capable of producing 118bhp@6,000rpm of power and 172Nm@1,500rpm of torque. The torque is available in the lower range of the vehicle which is complemented by the petrol engine’s peppy nature. In addition, the car only gets a 7-speed DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) making the car even more sporty and exciting.
- Apart from that, the car also gets a 1.5-liter turbo diesel engine which produces 113bhp@4,000rpm of power and 250Nm@1500rpm of torque. Similar to the naturally aspirated petrol this engine also gets a 6-speed manual transmission and an automatic transmission.
The new 2020 Hyundai Verna is based upon a new “Sensuous Sportiness” design scheme.
- On the outside, Hyundai Verna boasts of a large chrome grille which increases the air dam area.
- The new bumper along with the new headlight assembly complements the from of the vehicle. Talking about the headlight the car comes with all led headlamps only on the SX(O) and SX(O) turbo variants. The SX trim gets projector headlamps whereas the rest of the other variants get halogen headlamps.
- The base variants come with steel rims with wheel covers. SX variants are equipped with 16″ Grey alloy wheels whereas the top-spec SX(O) comes with 16″ diamond-cut alloy wheels.
In typical Hyundai fashion, the car comes with all the bells and whistles which the segment offers.
- On the interior, the car comes with dual-tone interiors in all the variants. Especially in the turbo variants the ca come with all-black interiors with red accents to enhance the sporty feel of the vehicle.
- The car comes with a sunroof, paddle shifters, and much more int eh top variants.
- The car gets some standard safety features like dual airbags, ABS, EBD, reverse parking sensors.
- Hyundai Verna comes equipped with a good infotainment system with the connected car tech which Hyundai likes to call Bluelink system.
Pricing and Rivals
2020 Hyundai Verna comes with aggressive pricing and is pitched against cars like the upcoming Honda City, Nissan Sunny, and many more. let’s see how Hyundai Verna will fare.
Pricing starts at ₹9.30Lakhs (Ex-Showroom)
Tell us in the comment section below about your views on 2020 Hyundai Verna