Hyundai’s profit-making compact sedan; the Xcent is back with an all-new look and design as it was seen recently being tested on Indian road. We can expect Hyundai to unveil the next-gen Hyundai Xcent with its BS6 avatar at the 2020 Auto-Expo. With its launch, it will rival other compact sedans including the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Honda Amaze, Ford Aspire and the Tata Tigor.
Also Read: Hyundai Creta Diesel 1.6 E+ and EX Launched
2020 Next-Gen Hyundai Xcent | Highlights
- The 2020 Xcent is expected to retain its existing 1.2-litre kappa petrol engine pushing a power output of 83 bhp and 114 Nm of torque accompanied by a host of new updates to meet the BS6 emission norms.
- Reports also suggest that Hyundai could also retain its 1.2-litre U2 diesel engine which churns out a power output of 72bhp and 190 Nm of torque with similar BS6 upgrades.
- Both the powertrains on the 2020 next-gen Xcent will come mated with a 5-speed manual transmission with an optional five-speed AMT to increase its fuel efficiency.
- We can expect the 2020 Hyundai Xcent to have similar equipment as of Hyundai’s Grand i10 Nios which includes a large 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system borrowed from the Hyundai Venue with features including Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Hyundai’s BlueLink™ connected car technology.
- As seen on the 2020 Hyundai Xcent test mule, the exterior of the car features a shark tale antenna and a rear-view camera. Additional exterior upgrades include a big cascading front grille, LED head and tail lamps with rumours suggesting that it might also feature a facelifted rear bumper.
- The current-gen Xcent priced from Rs. 5.81 lakh to Rs. 8.75 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). We can certainly expect a slight increase in the price for the 2020 Hyundai Xcent which will come with the BS6 emission upgrades.