It looks like Land Rover has some great plans for India. Just recently, the 2020 Land Rover Defender was spied being tested on Indian roads. More specifically, it was the Land Rover Defender 110 LWB (Long Wheel Base), which is the five-door model.
- The all-new Land Rover Defender was unveiled by JLR in September 2019 at the Frankfurt Motors show in Germany.
- The Land Rover Defender also comes in an eight-seater option called the 130, a three-door 90 variant and a five-door 110 model.
- In a leading media report, Jaguar Land Rover hinted at the Land Rover Defender 130 reveal in mid-2020 with the official launch in India by 2021.
- Besides the news on the 130 and the spy shots of the 110, there is no news of the Land Rover Defender 90 variant (three-door) coming to India anytime soon.
- Globally, the Land Rover Defender is available with 2 petrol engines and 1 diesel engine.
- There’s the P300 petrol engine, which is powered by 2.0-litre 4-cylinder generating 300ps and 400nm of torque.
- The punchier P400 petrol uses a 3.0-litre supercharged inline-six and 48V mild-hybrid tech to produce asphalt-shaking 404ps and 550nm of torque.
- And then there is the D200 and the D240 diesel options which produce 200ps/430nm and 240ps/430nm respectively.
- It is highly speculated that the P300 petrol and the D200 diesel will be used in the India-bound Land Rover Defender.
- Although the price of the upcoming Land Rover Defender is not known, we expect its pricing to be somewhere in between the Land Rover Discovery Sport and the Land Rover Discovery.
- If launched, the Land Rover Defender will compete with the one and only segment competition; the legendary Mercedes Benz G63 G-Wagon.
In other news, GoMechanic reported that Tata, who owns Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is going through a rough patch with the company. Although making it clear that Tata is not selling JLR, Mr Natarajan Chandrasekaran, Chairman of Tata Sons said that they are looking for a prospective partnership for Jaguar Land Rover.
[…] Exclusive: 2020 Land Rover Defender Spied In India […]
[…] Scoop! 2020 Land Rover Defender Spied In India […]
[…] Read: 2020 Land Rover Defender Spied In India […]