It’s finally here! India’s one of the most refined carmakers Mahindra has launched the 2020 iteration of the iconic Mahindra Thar.
This new version is a Second-generation facelift of the iconic off-roader which has ruled the hearts of many since it was first introduced in 2010. The Next-gen Mahindra Thar is for sure more powerful and feature-loaded compared to its predecessor.
Interestingly, The 2020 Mahindra Thar was revealed on August 15th which also marks the day of our country’s independence. And now Mahindra has launched the next-gen iteration of the off-roader who literally has no competition in the domestic market on another memorable day ‘Gandhi Jayanti’.
So, with any further ado, let’s get to the specifications before having a look at the variant wise price list.
What’s under the hood?
- Under its hood, The new age that will get a 2.0L mStallion petrol engine churning 150bhp with 320 Nm of peak torque.
- There will also be a 2.2L mHawk diesel motor generating 130bhp with 300 Nm of peak torque.
- Both the engines will come mated to a standard 6-speed manual and an optional 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- The new age Thar is offered in 2-variants the AX (Standard) and the LX (feature-loaded).
What else does the new age Thar has to offer (feature-wise)?
The second-gen Thar sports some first in segment features which none of its rivals (Force Gurkha) or even its close competitors posses.
- On the outside, the new Thar retains its trademarked boxy silhouette.
- Although it does share an uncanny resemblance from predecessor but is based on an all-new platform.
- Feature-wise we get to see a new bumper, redesigned front grille, 18-inch alloy wheels, LED DRLs, revised tail lights are among many.
- Coming to the inside, we get to see a 7.0-inch infotainment system, a semi-digital instrument cluster accompanied by a coloured MID, keyless entry and multifunctional steering wheel etc.
- Some first is segment features include roof-mounted speakers, cruise control and an adventure statistics display.
- Taking about safety we get to see dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP with roll-over mitigation, hill-hold control, and hill-descent control and many more.
What are the variant-wise prices for the 2020 Mahindra Thar?
Variant-Wise Price (Ex-Showroom, All-India)
|Variants||Engine and Transmission Options|
|2.0-litre Petrol (MT)||2.0-litre Petrol (AT)||2.2-l Diesel (MT)||2.2-l Diesel (AT)|
|AX||₹ 9.80 – 11.80 lakhs||–||₹ 10.65 – 12.20 lakhs||–|
|LX||–||₹ 12.49 lakhs||12.85 – 12.95 lakhs||₹ 13.65- 13.75 lakhs|