The Mahindra Thar was long overdue for a makeover and Mahindra has just done that. The Thar (both in soft-top and hard-top) was spotted in disguise many times doing rounds on Indian roads, especially Ladakh. The 2020 Mahindra Thar is expected to make its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo in February and this time it will come with a petrol engine and an automatic variant.
2020 Mahindra Thar | Highlights
- The 2020 Mahindra Thar will come with 2 engine options; a 2.0-litre BS6-ready turbocharged diesel mill and a 2.2-litre petrol engine borrowed from the Mahindra XUV 500.
- The 2.2-litre petrol will be updated to comply with the upcoming BS6 (Bharat Stage 6) emission norms. The petrol engine on the 2020 Thar produces 140PS of power and 320Nm of peak torque.
- The 2020 Thar for the first time, will also feature 6-speed automatic transmission with a torque converter. A 6-speed manual gearbox will also be offered.
- Feature-wise, the 2020 Mahindra Thar will get a major facelift, both on the inside and outside. The Thar off-roader will retain the legendary seven-slat grille and round headlamps.
- On the outside, the next-gen Thar gets buff-looking bumpers with flared wheel arches and LED tail lamps. 16-inch alloy wheels will also be offered the same as the Mahindra Scorpio.
- Inside the cabin, the 2020 Mahindra Thar will get a three-pod instrument cluster with a touch-screen infotainment system.
- Other standard features will include steering-mounted audio controls, an audio system, front power windows and a manual AC.
- For Safety, the 2020 Thar gets dual airbags, ABS, EBD, rear parking sensors, speed alert system, as well as crumple zones and pedestrian protection.
- The new Mahindra Thar will be priced a tad bit higher than the Thar 700 (₹9.99 lakhs ex-showroom).
- The 2020 Mahindra will directly rival the Force Gurkha 4X4.
You May Like: Mahindra XUV400 In Making | Launch In 20200