Maruti Suzuki has come a long way from 2008 up till now with its DZire. The car had a huge contribution to the change of the auto industry. During this period Maruti Suzuki saw many changes some big and some small. Now for the latest New emission norms, Maruti is again to set foot in the Indian market with its 4th gen 2020 Maruti Suzuki DZire. Let us see what are the latest changes to the DZire trend.
Powertrain and Transmission
The new BS6 emission norms have deeply impacted the auto industry in India. Many manufacturers have pulled the plug on their diesel offerings. Maruti Suzuki is one of them.
- The only engine option available now is a new Petrol engine. The engine is a 1.2-Litre DualJet VVT naturally aspirated engine. This is a considerable development as the old DZire got a 1.2-Litre petrol engine.
- The new engine produces 90ps@6,000rpm and 113Nm@4,400rpm of power and torque respectively. The power figures are considerably higher than the old engine (83ps@6,000).
- The new BS6 engine comes with Suzuki’s standard start-stop function increasing the milage of the vehicle.
- Though the car only has one engine option, there are two transmission options. The car comes either with a 5-speed manual transmission or you may also opt for 5-speed AMT (Automated Manual Transmission).
Interior and Exterior | Design
The design of Maruti Suzuki DZire has always been simple and calm. This time too it is no different.
- The car carries forward the 3rd gen interiors with some superior quality materials. This enhances the looks and feels the vehicle. For instance, the car now gets wood trims on the exciting flat-bottom steering wheel. This, even more, quality of driving.
- The car’s dash also comes with some accents of the same faux-wood even increasing the richness in the car.
- In conjunction with that, the car comes with Maruti’s new 7″ infotainment system with apple car play and android auto. The new system sounds even better than old and is much more responsive to touch.
Similar to the interior there are now many changes on the outside of the car.
- The new Maruti Suzuki DZire gets an all-new grille which is now a big which covers most of the front of the vehicle.
- Complementing that are slightly designed new fog lamps with chrome accents surrounds.
- The bumper also gets a bit more sport and edgy design to extend the appeal of the vehicle.
- On the feature front, the car gets safer than before. It gets Hill Hold Control and Electronic Stability Control. Though both of them are only available in automatic trims.
Rivals and pricing
The new offering from Suzuki is more like meer cosmetic changes rather than a facelift. But it looks more promising than before.
|Variant||Old Maruti DZire||New Maruti DZire||Price Hike|
Though the company has increased the prices of the car is it still worth buying? let us know in the comment section below.