The 2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis was first showcased at this year’s Auto Expo and was launched shortly after its first public appearance and if compared to the previous generation model the new-gen has received is almost Rs 6,000 more expensive.
Speaking to a leading media house on this achievement Executive Director – Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said: “Maruti Suzuki has received over 50,000 bookings for the Ignis facelift so far. In fact, it’s said to perform better in terms of sales than the pre-facelift model. The mini SUV has been receiving overwhelming response in overseas markets as well”
2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis | Engine Specification
- The Maruti Suzuki Ingis facelift gets its power from a Bs6 compliant four-cylinder, 1.2-litre, K-12 petrol engine capable of generating the same 83hp and 113Nm of peak torque. the engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual and 5-speed AMT automatic unit.
- Additionally, both of the above-mentioned gearbox combinations offer the same fuel efficiency as their respective counterparts.
2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis | Variants
2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis | Interior & Exterior Features
- Coming to the styling Maruti has not changed much on the outside. Some minor tweaks on the outside include an all-new separator grille reminiscent to the Jimny and the S-Presso.
- Other noticeable changes on the outside include a new front bumper with faux scuff-plate and a slightly reworked rear bumper.
- On the inside, the interior remains unchanged however the only noticeable changes that could be found was an upgraded infotainment system which is now compliant to Maruti’s SmartPlay Studio infotainment system which comes with voice command and onboard navigation.
2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis | Colour Options
- Maruti is also offering two new colour variants which include the Lucent Orange and Turquoise Blue shades. However, the Maruti Suzuki Ignis facelift will also be offered with 3 new dual-tone colour options Nexa Blue with Black, Nexa Blue with Silver, and Lucent Orange with Black.
- The dual-tone variants will only be available with the Zeta and the Alpha trims for which you might have a pay a little extra.
2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis | Rivals
- The new Ignis facelift not only looks the same but also rivals its same old computers such as the Renault Kwid, Hyundai Grand i10 and the Tata Tiago.