The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been the segment leader since the day it was launched back at the Auto Expo 2016. At one point, Maruti used to sell 10,000 units of the Brezza every month, that is when the Hyundai Venue arrived.
Now, after the huge success of the S-Presso, Maruti is planning to introduce the 2020 facelifted version of the Vitara Brezza. Here’s what you can expect.
2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza | Highlights
- The spy shots and digital rendering of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza hint at an all-new front and rear bumper and a set of new headlamps (LED projectors possibly).
- On the inside, the Brezza will feature a SmartPlay infotainment unit with Bose-sourced surround sound.
- The engine of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza will be the same K15 1.5-litre BS6 compliant petrol engine that powers Maruti’s new line-up of BS6 cars. The 1.5-litre engine produces 105ps and 138 nm of torque.
- As compared to all the premium Maruti cars, the 2020 Vitara Brezza will also feature the SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) micro-hybrid system.
- The transmission on the Brezza will come in two options; a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic.
- Standard safety features include dual airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, seatbelt reminders, ISOFIX child seat mounts, and high-speed alert as standard.
- The expected price will range for the new Vitara Brezza will be between ₹8 to ₹12 lakhs and will compete against its rivals the Hyundai Venue, Hyundai Creta, Tata Nexon and XUV300.