The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class broke its cover at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. Mercedes-Benz began accepting bookings for the model last month and now, according to leading media reports the GLE-Class will be launched in India in January 2020.
The Prices set for the Mercedes-Benz GLE is expected to start at around the Rs 75 lakh, ex-showroom, for the 4-Matic variant and could shoot upto Rs 82 lakh for other variants. The Mercedes GLE-Class will rival the BMW X5, the Land Rover Discovery, the Audi Q7 and the Volvo XC90 in the Indian market.
Not To Miss: Mercedes Benz Recalls Over 2 Lakh Units
- The Mercedes GLE-Class SUV will be offered in two BSVI diesel and one BSVI petrol engine options.
- The 300d 4Matic will be powered by the same the 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine will make 241bhp and 500 Nm of torque as seen on the CLS-300d and the C-300d with Mercedes claiming to get the GLE from 0 to 100 kmph in 7.2s and on to a 225 kmph top speed.
- While the other variant the GLE-450 4Matic will feature an M-256 in-line six 3.0-litre petrol motor paired with a 48V mild-hybrid system. Outputs will be 361bhp and 500 Nm with the EQ-Boost mild-hybrid system adding a further 21hp and 250 Nm of torque.
- The Mercedes-Benz GLE 300d 4Matic will be available in the Exclusive trim which adds all-round LED lighting, 19-inch alloy wheels, new off-road modes, hill-descent control, panoramic sunroof and four-zone climate control.
Must Read: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLC Gets A Mild Facelift
- Additional features on the Mercedes-Benz 300d include a two 13.3 inch widescreen cockpit displays with the MBUX voice assistant, wireless charging, Mercedes Me connected car tech, a self-parking feature with a reversing camera, blind-spot monitoring, seven airbags and the active brake assist system.
- While The Mercedes-Benz GLE 400d 4Matic and the GLE 450 4Matic will be available in the higher Elite grade. This will add MultiBeam headlamps with intelligent lighting functions, variable torque vectoring in the AWD system, and air suspension.
- Adding to the luxury the GLE 400d also gets 20-inch alloys, 360 camera, gesture control with the MBUX assistant, memory function seats in the front, electrically adjustable rear seats and open-pore wood trim.
You May Also Like: Mercedes Benz G 350D Sold Out In A Month0