The new BS6 emission norms have brought many changes into the Indian Automotive market. All the manufacturers are not only upgrading their vehicles for BS6 but also adding new features, including Nissan. Well, in Thailand Nissan’s crossover ‘Kicks’ which was constructed over the Duster platform was recently spied.
The new car looks more promising as the earlier generation didn’t go as expected. Nissan is pitching the car against its rivals with many new features and possibly an all-new powertrain. Let’s have a look at what all might come with the new 2020 Nissan Kicks.
Powertrain and Gearbox
To start with, Nissan-Renault has pulled the plug on their diesel engines. This means no car will be available with the Diesel engine option. On the other hand, Nissan is planning to launch two new powertrains with its new vehicle line-up.
- This time around the car might come with Nissan’s e-Power tech feature. The e-Power tech features an electric motor and an IC engine.
- Just for you to know the engine will not directly power the wheels of the vehicle, instead the engine is to charge the battery. The car will be driven by the battery powering the motor.
- The IC engine will run at a constant RPM with no input what so ever.
- You can also expect the Kicks to come with the new 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine which made its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo in Renault Duster. The motor makes around 156ps of power and about 250Nm of peak torque.
- There might be an option of a 6-speed manual transmission along with a CVT automatic transmission.
Unlike under the hood, the vehicle design gets some subtle changes on the inside and the outside.
- By observing the photographs we can say that the car gets an updated front. The Nissan Kicks get a larger front grille with sleek headlights that gives the car sharper appeal similar to the new X-trail. We can expect the headlight to be all-LED.
- On the sides, the car comes with new diamond-cut alloy wheels which are probably 16″.
- At the read, the changes are even more subtle as the car gets almost identical back with just new taillights. The taillights are slightly smoked and may feature LED accents inside them to ensure the car looks upmarket.
- The interior of the vehicle is still unknown but we expect the new Nissan kicks to have the features those where missed in the previous generation car. These include a sunroof, wireless charging, front ventilated seats, and many more.
- We can also expect the car to have all the connected car tech with the touchscreen infotainment system of Nissan.
Expected Price: ₹11Lakhs (ex-showroom)
Also Read: The Nissan X-Trail | A Bigger Nissan Kicks?