Japanese carmaker Nissan launched its most affordable and powerful SUV the 2020 Nissan Kicks in 8 Variants, out of which Six feature the 1.3-litre turbocharged engine.
The prices for the entry-level 6-speed manual transmission turbo variant starts at Rs 11.85 lakh (ex-showroom) while the top-spec turbo CVT trim is offered at Rs 13.90 lakh (ex-showroom). Additionally, The CVT Turbo available in two trims only which are priced at Rs 13.44 lakh and Rs 14.14 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.
2020 Nissan Kicks | Engine Specification
The highlight of the new Kicks is the 1.3-litre turbocharged petrol engine that borrows the cylinder coating technology from the Godzilla itself; the Nissan GTR. The HR 13DDT 1.3L engine is capable of producing 154bhp and 254 nm of torque.
HR 13DDT (BSVI) 1.3L
154 hp @5500 RPM
254 Nm @ 1600 ± 100 RPM
6 Speed Manual Transmission / CVT
2020 Nissan Kicks Turbo | Variant-Wise Prices
The 2020 Kicks is available in a total of 8 trims and two engine and transmission options;
- The 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine (HR15 1.5L) which churns out 106bhp and 143nm of peak torque and is available in 2 models and gets a 5-speed MANUAL ONLY.
- The 1.3-litre Turbocharged (HR13 DDT) developed 156ps and 254nm via a 6-speed manual or a CVT (Nissan X-Tronic CVT)
|Engine options||Variants||Prices* (INR)|
1.3-Litre Turbo (Manual)
|1.3 Turbo XV||11,84,990|
|1.3 Turbo XV Premium||12,64,990|
|1.3 Turbo XV Premium (O)||13,69,990|
|1.3 Turbo XV Premium (O) Dual Tone||13,89,990|
1.3-Litre Turbo (Automatic)
|1.3 Turbo XV CVT||13,44,990|
|1.3 Turbo XV CVT Premium||14,14,990|
2020 Nissan Kicks Turbo | Exterior
- On the front, it features the brands signature e V-motion Chrome Grille along with a new set of LED signature headlamps. Other Notable features also include tinted glasses on the front, rear and back, body-coloured bumpers, in-built spoiler, body-coloured door-handles and a floating roof with dual-tone styling.
- It also features auto headlamps, cornering fog-lamps (for additional visibility while taking a turn)
2020 Nissan Kicks Turbo | Interior
The main highlight and the most upgraded part of the Kicks is its interior which includes an impressive 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay steering wheel-mounted controls, smart car for keyless entry, idle start/stop, cooled glovebox with illumination, leather-wrapped gear shift knob with chrome finish, leather-wrapped soft-touch dashboard and front and rear armrest with cup holders.
It also boasts a couple of new features such as a 360-degree rearview camera with a bird’s eye and front view, a front-rear and side view and a bird’s eye and rearview. Along with a refreshed version of the Nissan Connect app which now offers over 50+ new features, automatic climate control, cruise control and advanced i-SPVT Technology for
superior body motion control.
2020 Nissan Kicks Turbo | Safety Features
The company claims that the new and improved Kicks turbo compact SUV is the safest vehicle in their line-up and some best-in-class features such as:
- Impact Sensing Auto Door Unlock
- Speed Sensing Auto Door Lock
- Driver & Passenger Seat Belt Reminder
- Inside Rear View Mirror with Manual Day/Night
- Vehicle Stability Management System
- ABS + EBD + Braking Assistance
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Aspheric Glass in Outside Mirror
- Emergency Stop Signal
- Rear Camera with Static & Predictive Guidelines Display
2020 Nissan Kicks Turbo | Connectivity Features
Connectivity and convenience is what comes standard with every Nissan. Well, that’s what the company says. The brand has also claimed that the new and improved Kicks has got more or less say 50 odd connectivity features which is an integral part of the Japanese brands Nissan Intelligent Mobility Nissan Intelligent Mobility. The new upgraded Nissan Connect app will allow to you do some amazing things from booking your car’s service to scheduling it for a tow if in case the car breaks down.
The Nissan connect also allows you to track your car if by any chance you forget where you have parked your ride. Other additional features on the Nissan connect include, setting speed, geofencing, curfew and chauffer alerts.