The 2020 Škoda Octavia will be revealed globally on November 11th 2019. However, Škoda officially revealed all the details of the new Octavia including the first glimpse of the new Octavia’s interior. The Czech carmaker claims that the new interior of the 2020 Octavia is more spacious than the outgoing model.
Exclusive! 2020 Škoda Octavia Images Revealed
2020 Škoda Octavia | Highlights
- On the face, the 2020 Škoda Octavia features a spilt-type dashboard console with many separations at every end.
- The new The Škoda Octavia cabin will be all-new and based on the Vision X concept showcased at the Geneva Motor Show 2018.
- The new Octavia will take major design cues from its elder more premium brother the Škoda Superb. The Škoda Octavia also gets a new grille very similar to the Superb.
- First and foremost, Škoda has got rid of the split-type headlamps in place of a single LED adaptive headlamps.
- Very similar to the design sketch, the new Octavia get a sharp shoulder line running the length of the car.
- The new Škoda Octavia will be based on Volkswagen’s MQB (Modular Querbaukasten) platform that will give the Octavia more cabin space.
- The 2020 Octavia will come with 3 engine options; a 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre turbo-petrol TSI engines and a 2.0-litre TDI turbo-diesel. Škoda might also offer a mild-hybrid engine. Both these engines are expected to be BS6 compliant.
- Both the petrol engine will get a 7-speed DSG, except for the diesel engine which comes with a 6-speed manual and an optional AWD.
- The new Octavia will be revealed on 11th November 2019 and will go on sale by the first quarter of 2020.
- The Škoda Octavia will rival the likes of Honda Civic, 2019 Hyundai Elantra, and the upcoming Toyota Corolla.
- The prices for the third-gen Škoda Octavia range in ₹15.99 lakh and ₹25.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Scoop! 2020 Škoda Octavia RS Leaked