The 2020 Škoda Octavia is finally here. The fourth-gen Octavia is Škoda’s first take at the plug-in hybrid technology in this model line-up. The Octavia mark 4 gets more aggressive, edgier and more feature-loaded and will be sold in sedan and estate body. However, India will get the sedan version with its launch scheduled for the last quarter of 2020.
The 2020 Škoda Octavia Is Here! | Highlights
- The Škoda Octavia is a global car icon and has been in production since 1996. Škoda has just refreshed the car monikered as Skoda Octavia Mark 4.
- For the first time, Škoda is introducing a plug-in hybrid variant of the Octavia sedan. A first in this model line-up.
You May Like: The Škoda Kodiaq RS Is Coming To India
- Škoda calls the Octavia its “heart and engine”. Built on the existing platform, the new Octavia promised better cabin space, more safety and indulging comfort.
- Based on Volkswagen MQB architecture, the new Škoda Octavia has a steeper roofline giving it a more coupe-like appeal. The car is 19mm longer and 15mm wider with the boot space up by 10 litre to 600 litres than the outgoing model.
- Exterior-wise, the 2020 Škoda Octavia features an all-around LED treatment with full LED Matrix headlamps (optional) and LED tail lamps.
- Inside, the 2020 Škoda Octavia gets soft-touch leather everywhere from the door panels, trims dashboard etc. Other features include multi-colour ambient lighting, ergonomic seats with massage and cold/hot ventilation.
- The Škoda Octavia also gets a free-standing touchscreen 8.25-inch or 10-inch infotainment display (varies on the variant) with gesture control along with voice-controlled digital assistant which Skoda calls “Laura”.
See Also: 2020 Škoda Octavia RS Leaked
- A 10.25-inch virtual cockpit with HUD (heads-up display) is also available on certain models. Wireless charging, Three-zone climate control, predictive cruise control and predictive pedestrian and cyclist protection is also a feature on the 2020 Octavia.
- The 2020 Škoda Octavia will be available in both mild-hybrid and plug-in hybrid engine options. The starting range uses a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine, producing 110hp. A 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbo petrol engine is also available with 150hp.
- The flagship petrol engine is a 2.0-litre TSI with a 7-speed DSG automatic producing 190hp and is a non-hybrid.
- The 2020 Škoda Octavia is available with one diesel engine with three different states of tunes; A 2.0-litre diesel with 200hp, 150hp and 115hp.
- Škoda has decided to offer a plug-in hybrid option for the diesel, powered by a 1.4-litre engine and a 103hp electric motor mated to a 6-speed DSG gearbox producing a combined 203hp and a 50km all-electric range.
- The Indian specification 2020 Octavia will be a petrol-only model with two engine options; a 1.5-litre 150 bhp engine and a 2.0-litre 190hp turbo-petrol unit.
- The expected price range of the 2020 Škoda Octavia will be in the range of Rs.20 to Rs.30 lakhs and will rival the like of the Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla Altis.