Škoda has officially released the sketches of the all-new 2020 Škoda Octavia. This shall be the 4th generation of the Octavia and will be officially revealed on the 11th of November 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
2020 Škoda Octavia | Highlights
- The fourth-gen Škoda Octavia is expected to come to India in the second half of the year 2020.
- Toyota is planning to discontinue the 1.8 turbocharged petrol engine that is used in the 3rd generation Škoda Octavia being sold in India.
- As per Škoda, there isn’t any word on the engine, but the Škoda Octavia could use the 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engines.
- The 2.0-litre TDI turbo-diesel is expected to be mated with a 6-speed manual or an optional 7-speed DSG gearbox.
- Interestingly, a CNG-compatible 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol will reportedly make its debut with the Škoda Octavia specifically for India.
- Based on the updated version of Volkswagen’s MQB (Modular Querbaukasten) platform, the Škoda Octavia is bigger and wider from the outside.
- Feature-wise, one can expect all the creature comforts like automatic climate control, keyless entry, push-button start/stop, electric seats, sunroof, a large infotainment system and more.
- The Škoda Octavia will also feature bold badging on the boot like as in the Hyundai Venue.
- The Škoda Octavia will come equipped with a virtual cockpit, a new floating infotainment system and toggle switches with new two-spoke steering wheel along with a much cleaner cabin design.
- The prices for the third-gen Škoda Octavia range in ₹15.99 lakh and ₹25.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The Škoda Octavia will rival the liked of Honda Civic, 2019 Hyundai Elantra, and the 2020 Toyota Corolla.