Skoda is all set to launch the 2020 Skoda Rapid Automatic in September. With less than a month to go from its launch, Skoda has officially started taking pre-bookings for the upcoming Rapid Automatic.
You can book the new automatic variant via the brand’s official website by paying a token amount of Rs 25,000. The new 2020 Rapid AT can also be booked by visiting the brand’s authorised dealership at the same price.
Additionally, rumours also suggest that Skoda might commence the deliveries of the Rapid automatic by 18th September 2020.
Will there be any major change on the mechanical front?
- The 2020 Skoda Rapid automatic will come powered by the same 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine, churning 110hp with 175Nm of peak torque.
- The Rapid automatic will make use of a conventional 6-speed torque converter automatic, sidelining to the previously rumoured quick-shifting DSG (dual-clutch automatic).
Any other major updates?
- Apart from the major transmission update, the Rapid will feature some minor upgrades including trunk spoiler, rear diffuser, LED DRLs and clubber alloy wheels.
- Apart from these upgrades, everything is expected to remain the same offered with its predecessor.
Which variant will be offered with the automatic transmission?
- The new Rapid Automatic variant will be offered with the Ambition, Onyx, Monte Carlo and Rider variants.
- There could also be a premium in the prices by almost Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 2 lakh.
- Additionally, Skoda is also working upon a replacement for the Rapid series set to launch by 2021.
- The new Skoda Rapid automatic will continue to rival the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Toyota Yaris, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Volkswagen Vento.