Škoda India is planning to come back with a bang with the all-new 2020 Škoda superb. Although the spy shots reveal that the test mule is just a facelifted version of 2020 Škoda superb and not a full-generation upgrade. However, the 2020 Škoda superb will feature a few tweaks here and there.
Škoda could unveil the new superb at the 2020 Auto-Expo and could be out in the markets anytime in the second half of season with a price tag ranging between Rs 26-34 lakh rivalling the likes of Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, VW Passat and numerous entry-level sedans from all the big luxury manufacturers
- It is rumoured that Škoda will upgrade the current line-up with the BS6 emission norms the current line-up consists of a 1.8-litre petrol TSI unit (180PS/320Nm) available with a 6-speed MT and a 7-speed DSG.
- Its Diesel powertrain consists of a 2-litre unit (175PS/350Nm) which comes mated to a 6-speed DSG. Future of this diesel unit is very uncertain at this stage.
Not To Miss: 2020 Škoda Octavia RS Leaked
- Internationally the Škoda superb is available in a 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine and 112hp electric motor combination mated to a 6-speed DSG. The unit churns upto 217hp and 400Nm of max torque.
- Appearance-wise gets a redesigned front grille, front bumper, LED tail-lamp design and optional new full-LED Matrix headlamps with additional features including driver assistance features like predictive cruise control are said to be in works.
- On the inside, the new Škoda will offer new decorative trims for the centre console as well as the dashboard with contrasting stitching on the leather and Alcantara seats as well as on the armrests in the doors. the long list also involves new seat covers for Ambition and Style trims.