The all-new Toyota Fortuner is all set to get a new BS6 upgrade in the coming weeks. According to leading media reports, the select dealerships have already begun accepting bookings for the Toyota Fortuner BS6.
The initial booking amount for the Toyota Fortuner 2020 is set at Rs. 50,000.
Suggested Read: 2020 Toyota Innova Facelift In Works
- Under its hood, the 2020 Toyota Fortuner BS6 continues to support the 2.8-litre turbo diesel pushing the initial power output to 177hp and 420Nm of peak torque and a 2.7-litre petrol engine capable of generating its usual 166hp with 245Nm of torque.
- Both the engines on the Toyota Fortuner BS6 will come matted to a 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Just to keep the facts straight the diesel engine tends to produce 30 Nm of torque when paired to the automatic gearbox and will continue to be offered with all-wheel drive (4WD) and rear-wheel drive (RWD).
- On the Inside, the specs on the Fortuner more or less remain unchanged as the current line-up consists of a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, vehicle stability control, paddle shifters (limited to the automatic variants only), 7 airbags, hill-assist, and ABS with EBD.
- Taking about the prices, we can surely expect a major price surge as previously seen with the BS6 Innova Crysta.
- As of now, the current BS4 variant of the Toyota Fortuner petrol ranges between Rs 28-29 lakh (ex-showroom- Delhi). While the diesel variant ranges between Rs 30-34 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Talking about the competitors with the launch of the Toyota Fortuner BS6 will surely rival the likes of the Ford Endeavour, Mahindra Alturas G4 and the Isuzu MU-X.