In 2020 Auto Expo Vespa showcased its one of the first electric scooter Elettrica. Vespa might launch the new electric scooter in June. This will be amongst the few electric scooters entering the Indian market this year.
The electric scooter will be coming as a CBU unit making it considerably high priced than its competitors. Let’s find out more!
Also Read: Ather 450 vs TVS iQube vs Bajaj Chetak Electric vs Vespa Elettrica | Electric Scooter Showdown
- Like the petrol Vespa, the built quality and fit and finish are top-notch.
- The design cues are similar to the other Vespa lineup. Which includes curved body panels with retro styling.
- Theelectric scooter boasts of a TFT screen as the main display for the instrument cluster.
- The instrument cluster shows all the basic functions like the speed, range, Odo readout, battery capacity, etc.
- Additional screen features include navigation, receive calls and text messages, etc.
- The scooter comes with a 4kW maximum power motor. The powerful motor is capable of a continuous run of 3.5kW.
- The new electric scooter has a whopping 200Nm of torque on wheels.
- A 68Ah, 4.2 kWh battery drives the powerful motor. That gives the Vespa a good range of about 100km in a single charge.
- The charging times are also fairly good. It’ll take around 4hrs for the scooter to a full charge.
- The top speed of the motorcycle is claimed to be about 80Km/h for the bigger sibling.
Rivals and Prices
The new offering from Vespa is said to rival many scooters in terms of performance. But it’ll likely be a CBU unit. So it’ll be priced way more than it’s rival counterparts. The rivals are more in the lower range of the premium scooter segment. That is around ₹1 Lakh mark.
For this scooter launching sometime in June, it’ll likely be priced way more. In France, it is around €6.410( INR 5,28,267.33) for the lower 45km/h variant and around €6.710 (INR 5,52,991.23) which is way more than people will likely pay for an electric scooter.
Also Read: Bajaj Chetak Electric completes the first month in India! 21 units sold till now.
Tell us in the comment section what you think about the new Vespa. Is it value for money?
My scooter beeping non stop when I turn it on . And it speeds up itself . Anyone can help me with this issues ?
Is your scooter electric or gasoline-powered?