Mahindra has been caught testing the new 2020 XUV500. The test mule reveals that the SUVs will get some radical feature upgrades. One of this is the “Cheetah Claw” door handles which surprisingly will be replaced with seamless flush-fitting doors handles.
You May Like: Mahindra XUV 500 BS6 Spied Testing
2020 XUV500 Spied | Highlights
- The most visible change on the new XUV500 is the missing “Cheetah Claw” door handles, which now gets replaced with flush-fitting ones (at least in the test mule).
- It is uncertain, that these door-handles will the electric pop-out type similar to that on the Tesla or a Range Rover.
- Moreover, going by the spied pictures, the new XUV500 is suspected to be built all-new from the ground up and will be a complete departure from Mahindra’s old design language.
- Design elements include; a wider signature Mahindra front grille, smaller more contained headlamps. The 2020 XUV500 might also feature Mahindra’s signature vertically placed LED DRLs that was first seen on the Mahindra XUV300.
- The new Mahindra XUV500 will take a lot of cues from its own line-up of cars viz. the Alturas G4, XUV300 and the Mahindra Marazzo.
- For the engine, Mahindra will continue the 2.2-litre diesel albeit in a BS6 compliant avatar with a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque convertor-assisted automatic transmission. Power output peaks at 155 ps and 360 nm of torque.
- The new XUV500 will feature a DPF (diesel particulate filter) and SCR (selective catalytic reduction) to help it comply with more restrictive BS6 emission norms.
- There is a likelihood that the 2nd gen XUV500 will be launched at the Auto Expo 2020 however, there is no official confirmation for the same.
- The 2020 XUV500 might come at a greater premium than the outgoing model with prices ranging from Rs.12.31 lakh to Rs.18.52 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
- The XUV500 competes with the likes of MG Hector, Tata Harrier, Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta.
You May Like: 2020 Mahindra Thar Will Be Petrol And Automatic0