The Desi G-Wagon is about to make a comeback in an all-new avatar. Yes, we are talking about the soon to launch 2021 Force Gurkha. The homegrown brand has finally revealed the 2021 iteration of the Gurkha. However, the prices for the same will be announced later this month.
What’s new on Outside?
- The 2021 iteration is offered with a 4 and 5 door option
- Additionally, the 2021 Force Gurkha retains the iconic boxy design.
- On the feature end, the 2021 Gurkha is offered with a new set of LED DRL’s.
- There also sits a new all backed out single slat flat front grille.
- The front and the rear bumper has also received some slight modifications.
- The turn indicators are now placed on the front fenders.
- It also gets a new set of 16-inch alloy wheels fitted with 245/70 Apollo tubeless tyres.
What’s new on the Inside?
- Moving on to the inside, the cabin has been revamped and now looks much better compared to the previous-gen.
- The most prominent change is the all-black theme which looks quite premium.
- Although the most astonishing feature of all is the new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- Other updated features include a 3-spoke steering wheel, panoramic side windows, captain seats, new digital MID, power windows, USB ports etc.
- The safety list on the desi G-Wagon includes dual airbags, TPMS, Follow Me Home lights and central locking as standard.
Any change on the mechanical front?
- The 2021 iteration gets a 2.6-litre diesel engine mill capable of generating 90bhp with a peak torque of 260Nm.
- This engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
- It also features independent front suspension along with a rigid rear axle adding points to its off-roading capabilities.