The Japanese carmaker Honda is set to launch the new updated Amaze in the Indian market. Amidst which Honda Amaze was spied testing with an emission testing rig. We expect it to be a CNG variant.
With the rising fuel prices, automakers in India have started introducing CNG variants of their respective cars. Until now, we have seen cars like Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Swift and Tata Tiago with CNG testing rigs. With CNG, the cars are subjected to give exceptional milage and also offer extremely low running costs.
What sits under the hood of Honda Amaze?
Powering the compact sedan from Honda, are a set of petrol and diesel engines.
- First setting our eyes on the diesel powertrain, it is a 1.5-litre motor that is capable of generating a peak power of 99hp and max torque of 200Nm. Although, these figures are for Amaze with an MT.
- On the other hand, Amaze has a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that is capable of generating 89hp of max power and 110Nm of peak torque. And this is the engine that will possibly get the option of CNG as fuel.
2021 Honda Amaze: The Update
In addition to the CNG variant, the company is also set to launch the mid-life update of the Honda Amaze.
- Being a mid-cycle update, 2021 Amaze will get a few tweaks on the inside as well on the outside.
- The new Amaze facelift is expected to get a revised LED Headlamp setup, new alloys, and revised bumpers starting with the outside. Although reports also suggest that it might also get a new colour variant.
- On the inside, it is expected to get new leather upholstery, a revised dashboard and an updated infotainment system.
Rivals and Prices
The Honda Amaze sits in a not so hot segment but still, it has its own fair set of competition. This includes Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Tata Tigor, and Ford Aspire. But Honda being Honda, the prices of the Amaze are little on the higher side. But for that price, you’ll be getting a product that is reliable with a little compromise. Also, we assume Honda to launch the Amaze CNG with its update on 17th August 2021.
What do you think of the new Amaze, will it be the desired change to rival the Dzire? Let us know in the comment section below.