Japanese carmaker Honda is all set to launch a facelift of one of its most selling cars and Honda’s only subcompact sedan in the Indian automobile market, The Honda Amaze.
This mid-cycle update is expected to be launched on August 17th 2021. Being one of the most popular cars in its segment it is also exported to countries like South Africa, South East Asia and others.
What’s new on the 2021 Amaze facelift?
- Being a mid-cycle update, 2021 Amaze will get a few tweaks on the inside as well on the outside.
- The new Amaze facelift is expected to get a revised LED Headlamp setup, new alloys, and revised bumpers starting with the outside. Although reports also suggest that it might also get a new colour variant.
- On the inside, it is expected to get new leather upholstery, a revised dashboard and an updated infotainment system.
Any change on the Mechanical front?
- On the mechanical front, we can expect to see 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel unit.
- Both engines generate 90hp and 110Nm of torque and 80hp and 160Nm of torque reapectively.
- These come coupled to a 5-speed manual and an optional CVT automatic gearbox.
What about rivals?
- Sitting in the sub-compact sedan segment, it will continue to rivals the likes of the Hyundai Aura and the Maruti Suzuki Swift.