The new 2021 ISUZU MU-X was uncovered at the gala preview event in Thailand yesterday afternoon. For those who follow ISUZU know that this carmaker is really serious of what it offers as they make some of the best and mean off-road machines.
Isuzu MU-X was based on the D-Max pickup truck and it still is the same case. Well, the MU-X had a generation change coming as the next-gen D-Max was showcased a while back.
That said, the new generation of the Isuzu MU-X gets a whole lot of features inside out and is slightly longer, wider, and taller. Here is what it gets in detail.
What is Under the Hood of 2021 Isuzu MU-X?
For the international market, the 2021 Isuzu MU-X gets two engine options, both being turbo diesel.
- A 1.9-litre VGS turbo motor is what that powers this full-size SUV. This engine produces 150hp of max power and 350 Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to either a 6-speed MT or a 6-Speed AT.
- The other is a 3.0-litre 4-cylinder motor that churns 190 hp and generates 450 Nm of max torque. This engine comes paired to only a 6-speed auto with the go-anywhere kit (4WD) as standard.
Is the New 2021 Isuzu MU-X Well Equipped?
In one word, YES. The new MU-X comes with almost all the latest features one could associate with new-age SUVs.
- For starters, it gets a 9″ touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and a premium audio setup.
- The Driver is treated with a 4.2″ MID that displays a whole lot of information.
- Isuzu MU-X also comes with all-LED headlights with LED DRLs.
- For the driver, MU-X also gets 8-way power adjustment for the seat.
- More on the inside, the SUV gets dual-zone climate control, electronic parking brake, ambient lighting, cooling feature for the front seats and more.
- For convenience, the MU-X features powered tailgate and a household power socket to charge laptops on the go.
How Safe is This New SUV From Isuzu?
Along with standard safety features like ABS with EBD here is what the new Isuzu MU-X gets:
- Terrain command control
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning
- Emergency Braking
- Forward Collision Warning
This SUV also gets many ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) features. This feature uses dual front cameras, 3D imagining stereo camera, two radars and eight sensors all around the vehicle.
Will the SUV Come to Indian Shores?
The carmaker Isuzu here in India have not updated their MU-X since the BS6 emission norms came into power. So, considering the rising competition, we assume that the company might straight away bring this new generation of the MU-X. With that said, like before the Isuzu MU-X will continue to rival the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and the newly launched MG Gloster. When it comes to India, we expect the prices to start from ₹ 27 lakhs.
Informative Read: What is a Two-Stroke Engine and Why it Had to be Killed?
Let us know in the comment section below how do you feel about the new 2021 Isuzu MU-X, is it a head-turner?