So, we all have been eagerly waiting for Mahindra to launch its new 7-seater SUV, The Mahindra XUV700. not a day goes by when we get to hear some new information about the soon to launch XUV500 replacement.
Now, reports have poured in that the all-new Mahindra XUV700 will be borrowing some of its features from the legend himself, The Mahindra Scorpio. So what is the new feature? Let’s find out.
Although, Mahindra had scheduled to launch the XUV700 by the end of this month. But all things went south went the second wave of the Covid-19 virus hit our shores. The brand had no choice but to push the launch to a later date.
Another reason cited for the delay is the shortage of semiconductor chips and its new digital cockpit, developed by Visteon.
What are the new features?
- Reports have poured in that the new Mahindra XUV700 might receive a brand new mild hybrid system.
- The set powertrain will be sourced from the Mahindra Scorpio.
- This new powertrain is set to make the new 7-seater more fuel-efficient compared to its rivals.
- This will also make the new MG Hector Plus rival comply with the upcoming CAFE II norms.
- These norms are believed to come into effect by mid-2022 with the BS6 stage II norms set to come by April 2023.
What’s under the hood?
- The Tata Safari rival will sport a brand new 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder mStallion turbo petrol and a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder mHawk diesel engine.
- Both the engine produces 188hp while the later generates 183hp and will accompany the mild-hybrid tech.
- These power figures clearly indicate that the new MG Hector Plus rival will the most powerful engine in the segment.
- Just a little comparison with its rival Tata Safari which features a 2.0-litre Kryotec turbo diesel engine that produces just over 168hp.
- While the MG Hector Plus features a 2.0-litre diesel engine options diesel unit and a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit.
- Both motors generate 140hp and 168hp respectively.
- It will also get a new rival, which is set to launch alongside the XUV700, The Hyundai Alcazar.
- The Hyundai Alcazar will feature 2.0-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine