We know that India’s biggest car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki has been working and testing a lot of vehicles. And after many EV spy shots, Maruti has now shifted testing to the next-gen Celerio. Although the new Celerio is wrapped and it’s difficult to make out, but we surely can say that the hatchback is a little bigger in all dimensions than the ongoing model. That said, here is what we think the car may offer.
NOTE: Special Thanks to our readers and the TGB group without whom the images would not have been possible.
What could the design be like?
- After scouting the test mule of the Maruti Suzuki we expect the following:
- From the front, the Celerio may have a curved design versus the edgy design of the ongoing model.
- Also, the new Celerio may get a single slat grille in between the redesigned taillights.
- It is a little difficult to make out, on the side the hatchback will definitely get new alloy wheels.
- At the rear, Maruti Suzuki Celerio may get different tail lights with no LED treatment.
Interesting read: Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R, Alto, Celerio Discontinued, Here’s why!
What will be on the inside?
The vehicle was all covered, still, we managed to filter that this hatchback may come with a completely new dashboard.
- So, From the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio, we think it may get a bigger touch screen infotainment system.
- Also, it may also boast wireless AppleCare Play and Android Auto.
- However, the instrument cluster remains to be a basic unit with a digital readout for the odo and an analogue for speed and tachometer.
What can we expect under the hood?
We think that the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio will boast a better and more powerful engine.
- As of now, the 2021 Maruti Suzuki comes with a 1.0-litre 3 cylinder petrol engine that generates 65hp of max power and 91Nm of peak torque.
- With that said, the model may get a 1.2-litre 4 cylinder motor that is capable of generating 80hp of power and 110Nm of peak torque.
- On the transmission end, the revamped hatchback will receive a standard 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox.
As stated earlier that the new 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to be based on a completely new platform. This simply means that it will grow in size, leading to the new 2021 iteration to have new rivals. So, going by leading media reports the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro, Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.
Also, read: 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio | What We Know So Far