It’s time for Maruti to step up the game with its range of next-gen models which includes the Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Celerio and the Alto. Now, new patent images of the soon to launch Celerio has made their way to the internet.
These images reveal quite a lot about the next-gen hatchback from the Indo-Japanese carmaker. looking at the new images, it is obvious that the new age Renault Kwid rival receive quite a few upgrades compared to the previous-gen.
What’s under the hood?
- It is believed that the new 2021 Celerio will under Maruti’s Heartect platform.
- This platform also does its job on the Maruti Suzuki Swift, S-Presso and the Wagon R.
- It also means that with a new platform the dimension of the Celerio will also change.
- It is likely to boast a bigger size and a longer wheelbase compared to the outgoing model.
- The 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio will be offered with 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol and a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder petrol unit.
- Both motors generate 80hp with a peak torque of 110Nm 1.0L and 65hp with 91Nm of torque.
- On the transmission end, the revamped hatchback will receive a standard 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox.
What’s on the feature end?
- looking at these images, the new tall-boy hatch is expected to get a new set of headlamps, a new front bumper and grille, ORVMs with integrated turn signals and chrome treatment on the front grille.
- Moving on the inside, we will get to see auto climate control, steering mounted controls, power windows, Maruti’s Smartplay infotainment system, a new instrument cluster.
- However, don’t get too carried away as these features will only be offered with the higher trims.
- The safety list on the 2021 Celerio will include dual airbags, ABS with EBD and brake assist, reverse camera.
What about rivals?
- As stated earlier that the new 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to be based on a completely new platform.
- This simply means that it will grow in size, leading to the new 2021 iteration to have new rivals.
- So, going by leading media reports the next-gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro, Tata Tiago and the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.