Till now we had only seen the all-new 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-class in some of the spy shots covered under heavy camouflage. But today seems to the day when we get to what exactly the new S-class looks like as a fresh set of upside images have taken over the internet with a bang revealing the latest iteration of this flagship sedan by none other than Mercedes.
However, to some eyes, the new Mercedes Benz S-class looks similar to the current E-class as the new S-class supports similar LED headlights and a heavy chrome lathered front grille with three horizontal blades. So let’s have a look at what will we get to see in the new S-class.
2021 Mercedes-Benz S-class | Engine Specification
- Sadly not much is known about the engine but rumour has that the all-new fifth-generation facelift will be offered in a variety of powertrain options which will include petrol, diesel, mild-hybrid, and a plug-in hybrid.
- We can also expect, the 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-class to have a longer wheelbase and could do-away with a V12-engined S600 version followed by a coupe and cabriolet version as well.
- As seen in the spy shots the new 2021 S-class boasts a very simplistic dashboard which is dominated by split-screen display including a waterfall style touchscreen infotainment system and a landscape-oriented fully digital instrument system.
- The centre console is expected to function on the latest version of Mercedes’ MBUX system. Just behind the fully digital instrumental system there also appears to be a massive pinnacle which is likely to accommodate the hardware for all-the driver-assist system, followed a set of single column buttons placed just beneath the infotainment system.
- Other notable changes include automatic climate control, 8 AC vents- four studded in the centre console while 2 each at either end of the dashboard. Surprisingly the 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-class is also seen featuring a sporty yet classy spilt-spoked flat-bottom steering wheel, housing some of the rumoured capacitive touch control similar to that on the current-gen Mercedes-Benz E-class.
- Other images reveal that we will also get to see a diamond pattern leather upholstery with two large entertainment screens mounted the front-seat backs for rear-seat passengers along with individual AC vents with bench-style rear seats.
- On the outside, the fifth-gen merc gets an all-new heavy chrome lathered front grille with three horizontal blades along with a new set of LED head and tail lamps. While a bold chrome-bar is also seen placed just above the taillights.
- Other notable changes on the outside include Twin chrome exhaust which adds that sporty touch to the already stylish car.
Launch & Rivals
- We can expect this bad boy to hit the Indian shores by early 2021 and with its launch, the new 2021 Merc S-class will actively rival the likes of the BMW 7 series and will also give a tough competition to some of the high-end cars such as the Rolls-Royce Ghost and the Bentley flying spur.