The launch of the year is almost here! Skoda Auto India has confirmed that the next-gen Skoda Octavia will be launched on June 10th 2021.
The same was confirmed by Zac Hollis, Director, Skoda Auto India. Although the new age Skoda Octavia was revealed back in November 2019, due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic the launch was delayed several times, Until now!
Skoda dealers around India are now taking pre-bookings for the 2021 Skoda Octavia at a token amount of ₹50,000. The 2021 Skoda Octavia is expected to cost in the range of ₹20 lakh to ₹27 lakhs, ex-showroom in India.
What’s under the hood?
- Powering this sedan is a 2.0-litre turbo petrol (TSI) motor that churns 190ps of max power. This engine comes mated to only a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
- The same engine does the job on the recently launched Skoda Superb facelift.
- We can also expect a smaller 1.5-litre turbo engine good enough to do 150PS, that does the job on the upcoming Skoda Kushaq, Volkswagen Taigun and the Volkswagen T-ROC.
How feature-loaded is the 2021 Skoda Octavia?
- In terms of styling, the new Octavia will look more sleek and dynamic compared to the previous generation.
- With the new 2021 facelift, we will get to see a new pair of LED split headlamps setup whit a newly designed butterfly grille.
- Skoda will also offer a sleeker and much more appealing LED fog lamp setup.
- On the inside, the 2021 Skoda will boast a floating touchscreen infotainment system.
- Rumours also suggest that Skoda has removed all the knobs and buttons and everything will be controlled via the Infotainment system.
- It will also feature a 12 inch fully digital instrument cluster.
Price and Rivals
When launched the next-gen Skoda Octavia will rival the likes of its sole rival- Hyundai Elantra. However, as far as the pricing is concerned we can expect it to be priced between ₹20-27 lakhs.
Interesting read: 2021 Skoda Octavia vs 2020 Skoda Octavia: What’s Changed?