It’s been a couple of days when we at GoMechanic questioned Zac Hollis- Director- Marketing and Sales confirmed that Skoda was planning to launch the 2021 Octavia within the next couple of months.
But we guess the number of queries left the whole marketing team to rethink the whole process as now Zac Hollis has officially announced the next-gen Octavia will be launched in April 2021.
Additionally, Zac also confirmed that the deliveries will begin in May 2021.
What’s under the hood?
- Under its hood, the new Octavia is rumoured to feature a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol motor capable of generating 190PS.
- The same engine does the job on the recently launched Skoda Superb facelift.
We can also expect a smaller 1.5-litre turbo engine good enough to do 150PS.
What’s on the feature end?
- In terms of styling, the new Octavia will look more sleek and dynamic compared to the previous generation.
- With the new 2021 facelift, we will get to see a new pair of LED split headlamps setup whit a newly designed butterfly grille.
- Skoda will also offer a sleeker and much more appealing LED fog lamp setup.
- On the inside, the 2021 Skoda will boast a floating touchscreen infotainment system.
- Rumours also suggest that Skoda has removed all the knobs and buttons and everything will be controlled via the Infotainment system.
- It will also feature a 12 inch fully digital instrument cluster.
Any information on its price and rivals?
- When launched the next-gen Octavia will rival the likes of its sole rival- Hyundai Elantra.
- However, as far as the pricing is concerned we can expect it to be priced between Rs. 20-27 lakhs.