After a super long wait, Skoda has finally back in the D-segment sedan in India with the 2021 Octavia. The carmaker did showcase India bound Octavia a while back but some of the details were still unknown. But now, the next-gen Skoda Octavia is out in flesh. Keeping the Indian automotive market in mind we must say, Skoda has priced the Octavia quite competitively. Speaking of which, the 2021 Skoda Octavia starts at ₹25.99 Lakhs and goes all the way up to ₹28.99Lakhs both ex-showroom.
Although the new pricing of this sedan is a lot higher than its previous generation that started at ₹18 lakhs ex-showroom. But to justify the price of the vehicle, Skoda has packed the vehicle with almost all the gadgets and gizmos. That said, here is a little glimpse of what the new Skoda offers.
What Rests Under the Hood?
Skoda cars are known to have a powerful engine with on-point dynamics making the perfect drivers car. This time around, Octavia gets an engine upgrade over its predecessor.
- Powering this saloon is a 2.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engine the is capable of generating 188bhp of max power and 320Nm of torque.
- Transferring the power from the engine to the front wheels is a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
- Moreover, this is the only transmission available as of now. Although, there might be a manual on offer at a later stage.
All about the Gadgets and Gizmos
This is the department where Skoda Octavia gets the maximum number of updates over the previous model.
- Stepping on the inside, the first thing you’ll meet is a plush dual-tone interior.
- And sitting on the driver’s seats you’ll witness a brand new multi-mode digital instrument cluster for all the information for the driver.
- Now, to keep the occupants entertained, the car features 600watts 12-speaker Canton audio system.
- Also, the car comes with a 10-inch infotainment system, which also gets Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Additionally, the vehicle also offers adaptive lights, Park Assist, TPMS, and wireless charging.
Recommended: Remembering The Skoda Octavia Mark 1
How the New Skoda Octavia Fairs In Aesthetics?
The new 2021 Skoda Octavia is based on the company’s new MQB platform. And being a versatile platform, the new Octavia is longer and wider than before.
- This will surely open up more space than an existing spacious cabin.
- Viewing the car from the rare, just like its bigger brother, Superb, the Octavia also gets some sharp cuts and creases.
- Also, the taillights also get a similar edgy design. But at the end of the day, it does look mesmerising.
To being with, the D-segment sedan market in India is a little weak. Hence as of now, it is the Hyundai Elantra the competes with the Skoda Octavia. Skoda has to price it right in order to sell it in big numbers. That said, we can expect the prices to range from ₹25.99 Lakhs to ₹28.99 Lakhks ex-showroom.
Interesting Read: 2021 Skoda Octavia vs 2020 Skoda Octavia: What’s Changed?