This comes straight from one of India’s largest carmakers, Tata who has been working towards launching its first stock CNG line-up for India. The Indian carmaker has been seen several times testing the 4-star safety rating hot hatch with a CNG kit.
According to many leading media reports it was expected that Tata will launch its first stock CNG car in India and it seems that these reports were true! going by new reports Tata Motors has unofficially started the bookings for the 2021 Tata Tiago CNG.
The booking amount of the Tiago CNG is said to be around Rs.11,000 which is fully refundable. It is expected the first stock CNG car from Tata will be launched in November with its deliveries beginning shortly after.
Will there be any change in the power specification?
- Under its hood, it will feature the same 1.2 -litre NA petrol engine
- This engine usually churns out 85 bhp and 113 Nm of peak torque, but with a stock CNG kit you can expect it to produce less power.
- Its usual transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional AMT gearbox.
- However, the CNG variant is expected to be offered with manual transmission only.
Any changes on the feature end?
- Well, as of now there has been no confirmation on whether the brand will revamp its CNG line-up.
- However, looking at the spy shots we can clearly make out that the new Tiago CNG will get no updates on the outside or the inside.
- Talking about features the current-gen Tiago gets a Harman Kardon sound setup, digital instrument cluster, 7.0-inch infotainment system, 4 airbags, ABS with EBD, auto-folding ORVMs, follow me home headlamps etc.
What about rivals?