The German auto giant Volkswagen has recently blown the cover over the Polo GTI for the international market. The new Volkswagen Polo GTI is unique in many terms over its conventional model. From the aesthetics to the powerhouse, the GTI badge has even the car a lot of oomph and attitude. With this new update, the Polo GTI gets even more aggressive, how? let’s have a glimpse.
What is under the hood of the 2021 Volkswagen Polo GTI?
Popping the hood open, we witness a 2.0-litre turbo petrol TSI motor that screams power. Speaking of which,
- This motor is capable of generating max power of 207bhp and the peak torque output is 320Nm.
- Now transferring the power from the engine to the front wheels is a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
- The engine enables the hot hatchback to achieve a 0-100kmpl time of about 6.5 seconds and lets the car reach speeds upwards of 238kmph.
Is there anything new on the outside and inside?
Admiring this hot hatch from the front, the differences are prominent.
- The 2021 Volkswagen Polo GTI gets minor design changes over the Polo. To begin with, the new Polo GTI gets IQ. Light LED matrix headlights.
- With that specific to the GTI, the hatchback gets red accents all around with an illuminated crossbar on the radiator grille.
- Viewing the car from the sides is where only the alloy wheels are new.
- Moving to the rear, this Polo gets tweaked all-LED taillights with dynamic turn signals.
- Apart from the red accents, the basic layout of the interior is also unchanged.
Will the 2021 Volkswagen Polo GTI come to India?
As of now, the Indian automotive market is missing a couple of generations of Polo. Now, talking about the Polo GTI coming to India is quite self-explanatory. But still, the company brought the GTI to India a while back via the CBU route. But yes, the prices of the car were skyrocketing. That said, we may see the next generation of the Volkswagen Polo in India by the end of 2021 or in the first half of 2022.