First showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, German carmaker Volkswagen has listed the upcoming 2021 Volkswagen Taigun on its official website.
The new compact SUV is based on the T-Cross sold in the Chinese markets. The updated SUV will be based on the brand’s MQB A0-IN platform.
Both its rival seems to have a strong grip in the market and have been listed on the best selling cars list since their launches.
What will power the upcoming VW Taigun?
- According to leading media, the upcoming compact SUV will feature a 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine.
- The same engine power’s the VW Polo, Vento and the Skoda Rapid and generates 108hp.
- We can also expect the updated compact SUV to 1.5-litre TSI engine which generates 147 hp.
- The same engine also powers the Skoda Karoq and the recently introduced Volkswagen T-Roc.
- The set engine is set to offer a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
What else can we expect from the 2021 Volkswagen Taigun?
- Apart from the mechanical updates, other updates include a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 10.25-inch MID.
- Additional features include the latest version of the VW connect with LED lighting all around, and ambient lighting.