It’s time for American carmaker Ford to bring its new line-up to Indian shores. A test mule of the 2022 Ford EcoSport has been spotted testing in Chennai. This comes just months after Ford and Mahindra called off their JV.
looking at the spy shots, the rear end looks quite similar to the existing EcoSport. However, things do get to change at the front.
The new updated front profile gets a new grille, LED DRLs, headlamps. We also get to see new body-coloured roof rails as well.
What else will be updated?
- Talking about features, we can expect the new generation to get a plethora of new features.
- These include a new 8.0-inch infotainment system with connected car tech, auto climate control, front ventilated seats, rain-sensing wipers, 6-airbags, ISOFIX and many more.
What on the mechanical front?
- According to leading media reports the newly updated EcoSport will be offered with the same 1.5-litre, 3 cylinder TiVCT petrol engine and a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine.
- These units generate 122Hp at 6,500 rpm with a peak torque of 149 Nm at 4,500 rpm and 100Hp at 3,750 rpm with 215 Nm of peak torque at 1,750-2,500 rpm.
- Transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional 6-speed automatic gearbox.
India launch and rivals?
- It is expected that the new generation change will break its cover by the end of this.
- When launched it will set its eyes on the Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and Kia Sonet.