It’s the end of 2021 which also means that it’s time for carmakers to plan for next year. With that said India’s largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki is all set with its new line-up.
The next-gen Maruti Suzuki Alto has been spied testing. It is expected that the new 2022 Alto will be revealed later this year with its launch scheduled in February of 2022. Since its launch in 2012, this hot hatch has been on the best-selling list quite a few times.
Moreover, It is also sold with both right and left-hand drive layouts in many international markets as well. Now looking a the spy shots it is pretty clear that the 3rd generation.
What’s new with the 3rd gen Alto?
- having a brief look at the spy shots it does tend to stick to its hot hatch base but features an array of new features.
- New changes on the front end include a large bonnet, a new swooping headlamp setup, a revised front bumper, and an oversized front mesh.
- Moving to the sides, the new 2022 Alto attains the same previous gen looks which also resembles the likes of the upcomig Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
- Other important updates include, fendor mounted turn indicator along with 13-inch steel wheels.
- On the rear, it gets a square shaped tail-lamp design and a flat talgate resembling the likes of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso.
- Taking a sneak peak inside, we will get see some promient changes like touchscreen infotainment system, manual AC control, dual front airbags etc.
Anything new on the Mechanical front?
- Under its new oversized hood, it will contine to get the same BS6 compliant 796cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine.
- This engine produces 47 bhp with a peak torque of 69 Nm while paired to a 5-speed manual and an optional AMT.
- With is launch it will continue to rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Datsun RediGo.