India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the next generation of the brands most loved premium hatchback, The 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The launch is scheduled by the end of February 2022.
And with Maruti pledging to make safer cars, the all-new 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno will be the safest car by the homegrown carmaker. With the new Baleno, Maruti aims at a 5-star safety rating at the Global NCAP.
What are the powertrain options on the new Baleno?
- We can expect to see the same powertrain options on the new heavily updated Baleno.
- These include a 1.2-litre VVT petrol engine and a 1.2-litre DualJet VVT engine.
- Both engines produce 82 bhp and 89 bhp with a peak torque of 113 Nm respectively.
- While the transmission options will include a standard 5 speed manual and an optional CVT automatic gearbox.
- However, rumour also has it that Maruti could replace the CVT gearbox with a more affordable AMT gearbox.
What’s new on the Cosmetic front?
- Staring with the exterior, it gets a re-worked front grille, the headlamps seem to have been stretched a bit and somewhat resemble the likes of the Ciaz.
- It will also get projector headlights as standard.
- Now, coming to the rear end, it looks like the taillamps have also been inspired by the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
- Other features on the rear include the ‘Baleno’ badging, rear fog lamps, shark fin antenna and the Suzuki badging on the boot.
- Stepping inside, the 2022 Baleno will get a new and massive 10-inch floating infotainment system compatible with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Other features on the inside include a wireless charger, dual-tone leatherette seats, multifunctional steering wheel, fully digital instrument cluster etc.
What’s in it for safety?
- Safety and security features on the all-new 2022 Baleno include 6-airbags (Reserved for higher variants), ESP (Electronic Stability Program), cruise control, ABD with EBD Hill assist start/stop button etc.
- Not only on the feature end, but the new Baleno will also provide safety with its build and material quality.
- To make the car more strong and more robust Maruti will be using thicker / stronger grade of steel to make the cars outer body strong.
Watch Our Latest Upload On GoMechanic YouTube