After almost 3 years after its official launch, Korean auto giant Hyundai seems to be working on launching a facelift of its sole hot hatch, The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.
It’s all true, a facelift test mule of the soon-to-launch 2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios was spotted testing near the brand’s manufacturing facility in Chennai. With its launch, the newly updated Grand i10 Nios will take on the Tata Tiago, Tata Punch, and the soon-to-get facelift, The Maruti Suzuki Swift.
What are the new changes?
- Going by the latest media reports, the new 2023 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios will be focused on physical and cosmetic enhancements only.
- This means that we might not be a mechanical upgradation on the 2023 Maruti Suzuki swift rival.
- The test mule was spotted near the brand’s Chennai plant which indicated that it might be heading for Hyundai’s training facility in Faridabad.
- Leaked images showed that the new facelift will get a revised front grille and new sportier alloy wheels.
- We can also expect to see a new colour option on the updated Grand i10 Nios.
- However, there might as well be some changes to its rear profile giving it a more muscular look.
- It will continue to sport the same 1.2-Litre pure petrol engine.
- This engine churns 83PS with a peak torque of 113 Nm paired with a 5-speed manual and an AMT transmission.
- Moreover, it is also offered with a stock CNG option which offers a lesser power output.