India’s biggest carmaker Maruti Suzuki has announced to have sold over 3 Lakh units of the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R S-CNG, making it the highest sold CNG vehicle in the country.
The Wagon R CNG has been the most successful car across all passenger vehicle segments. Moreover, the tallboy hatchback has also delighted over 24 Lakh families in 20 years.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R has also been a repeat buy for over 24% of its customers.
Speaking on this achievement Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Mr Shashank Srivastava added a few points.
- Since its debut in 1999, Maruti Suzuki Wagon R continues to be the undisputed market leader in its segment.
- The hatchback has been the first car for almost 12 lakhs customer and has made over 24 Lakh customers happy.
- It still manages to feature among the top 5 best-selling cars in India since 2000.
- The milestone of 3 Lakh sales of Wagon R S-CNG is another testament to the faith bestowed on the brand by our customers.
- We have persistently strived to offer sustainable mobility options to our customers.
What powers the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R S-CNG?
- It is built on the 5th generation HEARTECT platform.
- The platform increases the safety of occupants through effective absorption of impact and dispersion of crash energy and assures stability.
- It comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder engine and produces 58hp @5,500 rpm with 78 Nm of torque @3,500 rpm when running on CNG.
- When running on petrol it makes 63hp @6,000 rpm with 90 Nm of peak torque @3,500 rpm.
- The Wagon R CNG comes fitted with a 60-litre CNG tank and has a claimed fuel efficiency of 33.54 km/kg.
- The standard safety features include Driver airbag, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution), front seat belts reminder, speed alert system and rear parking sensors.