Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) is all set to introduce the 5th generation of the legendary sedan; the Honda City in India soon.
5th Gen Honda City | Highlights
- The New 5th gen Honda City is expected to be showcased in the February 2020 Auto Expo and will be unveiled by the end of 2020.
- The expected price range of the 5th gen Honda City is in the range of ₹10 lakh-₹15 lakh.
- The new Honda City will not be a cosmetic facelift but will be all-new, both inside and outside.
- The new Honda City will be available in both petrol and diesel; with the 1.5 i-VTEC doing its duty for the petrol and the 1.5 Turbocharged i-DTEC for the diesel.
- There are also speculations, that the new City will get a hybrid variant (petrol only).
- The 1.5 i-VTEC petrol and the 1.5 i-DTEC diesel will be BS6 (Bharat Stage 6) compliant.
- The 1.5 i-VTEC will reportedly feature Honda’s new i-MMD mild hybrid system which is expected to feature in new jazz
- The 1.5 i-VTEC petrol will be offered in both manual and a 7-speed CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).
- And for the first time, Honda is offering the 1.5 i-DTEC diesel with a CVT automatic transmission.
- Feature-wise, the new City will come with a new front end, a thick chrome grille up front similar to the new Civic and the CR-V. It will also sport all-new LED headlamps and LED tail lamps.
- A third engine variant will also be offered; a 1.0-litre Borg-Warner turbocharged petrol engine churning 120bhp mated to a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed CVT. However, This variant is primarily aimed for Thai markets.
- The Honda City competes with the likes of Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Yaris, Volkswagen Vento and the Skoda Rapid.
New Car Launch: The New 2019 Hyundai Elantra BS6