India’s largest automobile Maruti Suzuki has bagged another achievement! Maruti has sold 8 lakh units of the brand’s premium hatchback the Maruti Suzuki Baleno since it was first launched in October 2015.
Maruti has also claimed that the Baleno is also the fastest car to reach the 8 lakh sales milestone in the country. Remembering its past, Baleno is also the second offering under the brand’s Nexa retail channel.
- On an average Maruti Sells nearly 15,000 units of the Baleno every month.
- In September 2020, the brand sold 19,433 units.
- Maruti also exports the Baleno in countries like- Europe, Latin America, Africa, Middle-East, South-East Asia and Australia.
Speaking on this achievement, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Mr Shashank Srivastava, said:
- With its bold and premium design, cutting edge technology and feature-rich offering, Baleno is India’s most loved premium hatchback.
- It has helped the brand cement its initial position in the segment.
- This significant milestone of 8 Lakh delighted customers within a short span of 5 years is a testament to our customer-centric philosophy.
What powers the Maruti Suzuki Baleno?
- It comes equipped with a Smart Hybrid technology and a BS6 compliant 1.2L Dual Jet Dual VVT petrol engine.
- The engine comes paired to a standard 5-speed manual and an optional CVT. Note that it is the only offering from the company with a CVT transmission.